Accueil | History

History

M. Émilien Forest built the auberge in 1928 and named it 'Auberge la Glacière'. In english, the name means 'icebox inn', given because the first purpose of the auberge was to provide ice to the population of St-Zénon, a requirement for food preservation at the time.

During the same period, fishing the numerous species found in the region gained popularity, the necessity of preserving the catch also created a demand for ice.

In order to keep the fish fresh, a hole was dug in the ground and damp fern was placed in the bottom, the ice was then placed on top and covered with more damp fern.

Auberge la Glacière has significantly developed since then and now offers 28 quaint guest rooms and a large dining area.

The location remains a paradise for fishing.

© 2012-2018, L’Auberge et restaurant La Glacière. | Sitemap | Web design by Nexion